Smartphone is Associated With and Known as:
Smartphone is a Mobile phone with new operating system. Smartphones integrate the characteristics of a cell phone with the other popular devices. Touch screens are also available in smartphones. One of the first smartphone providing touchscreen was Iphone in 2007. Screen is one of the main features of smartphones. Some phones having larger screens, more than 5.2 inches are known as phablets. Various types of screens for smartphones are LCD, AMOLED, IPS, LED, OLED and many more.
Some Operating Systems Used In Smartphones
1. Android: An open-source platform initiated in October 2003 by Andy Rubin. HTC
launched the first Android phone 'HTC Dream' in October 2008.
2. iOS: Mobile operating system that was formed by Apple. Apple
launched the first smartphone using iOS in 2007.
3. Symbian: Symbian was the most commonly used operating system till 2010. Smartphone Ericsson
R380 was the first Symbian phone to be introduced in 2000.
4. Bada: Samsung
launched Bada operating system for smartphone in 2009 as in Samsung Wave
5. Tizen: A Linux based operating system is called as Tizen used in smartphones, laptops, tablets, Smart
televisions and also in smart cameras.
Few Disadvantages of Smartphones:
1.Battery life: Customer is not satisfied with the battery life of smartphone as it is Very
2. Sleep: Using of Smartphone for late nights troubles sleep.
3. Security: Smartphone is having a software that can damage whole system called as malware which is distributed through an app store very easily.
You can buy smartphones from various online shopping websites, few of them listed below:
If you have any queries related to smartphones from different companies, contact:
Apple: +1 800-676-2775
HTC: +1 866-963-0960
Sony: +1 877-865-7669
Samsung: +1 800-726-7864
LG: +1 800-243-0000
Nokia: +1 888-665-4228